Yes! The winning time is at here! Enter the first ever Engrish.com Facebook contest to win up to a $100 shopping spree at the Engrish.com Store. Anyone can enter to win the following:
1st place winner: $100 shopping spree at Engrish.com Store
5 runner ups: Win a free “More Chinglish” book.
Entering is easy:
1. Become a fan of Engrish.com on Facebook if you are not one already (link here: http://www.facebook.com/engrishdotcom)
3. Reply within the topic and tell us what your favorite Engrish is from Engrish.com (paste a link in your message).
4. Give brief explanation why it is your favorite (one-liners are fine – bonus points for those who write in ENGRISH!).
Some other notes:
• Winners will be selected at random
• Entries must feature Engrish found on Engrish.com! (no outside source such as Flickr, etc.)
• You must be a fan of Engrish.com on Facebook (found at: http://www.facebook.com/engrishdotcom) in order to qualify.
• The competition begins today (January 25th) and ends at midnight PST this Friday, January 29th.
• $100 shopping spree grand prize will be awarded in the form of a gift certificate – good for the purchase of any products in our store (subject to availability). Gift certificate can be used to pay for shipping charges as well. Customers will be responsible for the balance of any purchases over $100.
Have a luck and enter today!
Engrish Hoodie – So finery the garment!
I heard it is cold out there (I don’t know – I live in Honolulu…), so I wanted to offer you a great deal on our hoodies – use the following coupon for 15% off any of them:
Coupon is good until January 20th, so don’t wait too long!
Engrish.com Charity Pledge
We also pledge to give 10% ($3.00) from each hoodie sold during this campaign to the Red Cross to help those in need from the earthquake in Haiti.
A recent submission from Korea featuring a Starbucks ripoff:
Photo courtesy of Joy Bear.
Happy New Year everyone. The brog portion of of the site gets a bit neglected at the end of the year – combination of being both busy and taking my only vacation. Back to regular posting:
These tissues were found in Carrefour, City Centre in Doha – the capital of the conservative Islamic State of Qatar in the gulf region. Looks like they have a sense of humor over there:
Photo courtesy of “Grolsch Sipper”.
It seems that t-shirt manufacturers in China have gone so far with Engrish that the next step is complete randomness:
Shirt found in Shanghai, China.
Photo courtesy of Kimberly Blodgett.
I received this submission back in February – looks like a “Sterility Hospital” in Beijing is using Steve Martin as a spokesperson for vasectomies. Who knew that his “Cheaper by the Dozen” movies would be an inspiration for so many a Chinese to make themselves sterile…
Photo courtesy of Mark Shaffar.
Sign seen in China.
This was submitted to the site earlier this year. It is not quite Engrish, but I don’t get it – can you possibly have a fireproof forest?
I have noticed that our build-your-own calendars are extremely popular as gifts, so I’m adding another coupon for 20% off the purchase of 3 or more calendars! Use the following code:
Calendars are printed to order – pick and choose from over 50 popular images, or choose one of our pre-sorted collections. Must have at least 3 calendars in shopping cart to qualify.
We also have some other savings – the following coupon is good for 10% off any order this holiday season:
If you have lots of shopping to do, you can use this next coupon for 15% off any order totaling over $50.00:
Type in either coupon code as applicable during checkout. The “big-kansha-2009″ coupon will only work with purchases totaling over $50, but the “kansha-2009″ coupon will work with any order. All 3 coupons are good until the end of this year.
There is still a lot of time left to shop if you are in the USA. International orders should be placed by tomorrow, December 1st. Check out our Holiday Shipping Chart here.